Re: McVeigh to die, quotes Brandeis

Declan McCullagh wrote:
> <B>By SANDY SHORE<P>
> <B>Associated Press Writer<P>
>         DENVER (AP) - Timothy McVeigh was formally sentenced to death
> today for the Oklahoma City bombing after he quoted Supreme Court Justice
> Louis Brandeis that the government "teaches the whole people by its
> example."

  And the morning news anchor on CBS tells the country, "McVeigh's
statement is open to a wide variety of conflicting interpretations."
  (I guess he hasn't been following the news too closely.)

  Did anyone else on the CypherPunks list interpret McVeigh's statement
to mean that the people should lie, steal, and oppress others, or am I
the only one who interpreted it this way?

  Or perhaps he meant we should murder anyone who claims to be Jesus,
as well as the men, women and children who believe in him.
  Been there, done that...

Pontius Pilate