Re: Anonymous Remailers

At 09:14 PM 8/18/97 -0700, Jonathan Wienke wrote:
>Is there any Eudora plug-in that allows anyone using Eudora to operate a
>remailer?  I would think that if anyone with Eudora and an email account
>can chain remail PGP encrypted messages for others a la mixmaster, etc. it
>would be much harder to shut down 40,000 remailers tham 40.

Joey Grasty's Winsock Remailer isn't a Eudora plug-in, but it does
let you use a standard POP3 mailbox to run the remailer from,
and has a mode that lets you share the mailbox between remailer and
non-remailer mail.

If I remember right, it currently needs WIN3.1 due to some bugs
that make it flaky on Win95, and I assume it only uses PGP 2.6.x
rather than the new PGP5.0 interfaces.  But it does know how to do
PGP-only mode.

Eudora would be an interesting platform if you could convince the
plug-in to run along with your spam filters and the PGP plug-in
and have everything done in the right order.  You'd also have the problem
of putting the right headers on the message - it's nicer if it
can get a different From: header for remailer mail than for real mail,
so people who don't like remailer mail can flame you accurately :-)

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 [email protected]
#   (If this is a mailing list or news, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)