Re: An end to "court appointed attorneys"

At 10:49 PDT on Wednesday, August 20, 1997, Tim May wrote:

|>Maybe for the simple reason that some people might not have the money to
|>defend themselves ?
|
|And what of those without the money to feed themselves? Etc.

The difference is that the lack of means to feed oneself is usually self-
selected.  Political criminals, or people simply unaware that they're felons
under an increasing number of laws, seldom have a choice whether they will
be arrested and tried.

Certainly the preferred solution is to junk most of the laws on the books.
However until committing a felony is an explicit conscious act, we will
need court-appointed attorneys for persecution victims.

/pbp