Perl for Windoze (was Re: Picketing With Packets)

On Sun, 17 Aug 1997, Bill Stewart wrote:

> At 02:27 PM 8/16/97 -0700, Mike Duvos wrote:
>
> >The following was suggested to me by someone on IRC this morning,
> >and I think it's a pretty nifty idea.  We write a little Perl
> >script that keeps exactly ONE AND ONLY ONE TCP connection open to
> >each of Mr. Spamford's machines.
>
> Perl is a nice language to write such things in, but you won't
> get huge quantities of people implementing it, except perhaps Linux users.
> You need an executable that'll run on Win3.1 or Win95 (sigh);

Perl is available for Windoze 32bit (for free), including W95 and 3.11
and NT.  see: http://reference.perl.com/query.cgi?windows

Note also that cyberpromo is *inviting* us to make connections!
The following is quoted from http://www.cyberpromo.com/

"FreeRelay" Network IS UP AND RUNNING!

                                      Attention Bulk Emailers:

                             CYBER PROMOTIONS HAS DONE IT AGAIN!

                 Set your SMTP's to... freerelay.cyberpromo.com

              or to our newest setting... freerelay2.cyberpromo.com

                     Open as many simultaneous connections as you wish -
It's FREE!

        And best of all, your email will be automatically filtered against
IEMMC's global remove list...