Re: U.S. Refugees Flee to Germany

At 8:20 AM -0700 8/28/97, Anonymous wrote:

>~Now, the pages are back online on a small server in Germany. Organizers
>of the site are raising funds to purchase their own direct connection to
>the Net. However they don't want their computer to be in the US-- but
>not because they plan to violate any US laws. "We are very nervous
>about being here," says Jim Finn, who helps run the Free Spirits, "if
>the government is going to use underhanded tactics to intimidate our
>providers and possibly confiscate our equipment." In the course of
>investigations, police frequently seize computers that they never
>return, even when they file no charges.
>
>  Perhaps Germany should start building refugee camps for American
>homosexuals, Jews, and producers of strong encryption.

I assume this is a joke, as Germany is one of the last places one would
choose for a censorship-free site!

(Pace the usual points about Neo-Nazi material being banned in Germany, the
Church of Scientology facing pressures it would never face in the U.S.,
etc.)

But I'll contact Jim Finn about hosting my "The So-Called Holocaust" Web
page, which explains how the International Jew Conspiracy has succeeded in
convincing the gullible that Jews were persecuted in the WW II, when all
right-thinking Aryans know full well that they were coddled and rewarded
and given choice vacation spots in "the East."

Free Spirits should be an ideal host for this material.

--Tim May