Re: The problem of playing politics with our constitutional rights

At 1:42 AM -0400 9/12/97, Tim May wrote:
>At 10:05 PM -0700 9/11/97, James S. Tyre wrote:
>
>>So, the last rhetorical question -- how do you convince someone who's
>>never used a browser (the vast majority of the voting populace, I'd
>>think) why crypto is important?
>
>This is back to where we were four and a half years ago, when Clipper was
>dropped on us. "How do we educate the users?"
>
>Trust me, it's a hopeless task. We don't have the advertising budgets, the
>staff for education, etc.
>
>And it ain't our responsibility to "save" the sheeple.

True, but if it's war, we gotta get more troops. I don't want to save them,
I want more troops on my side.

Education is good. Exploiting FUD is probably better. (DoJ's learned
something from dealing with Microsoft.) Luckily, it ain't that hard to whip
up Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt against the US Government.

Best-- Glenn Hauman, BiblioBytes
       http://www.bb.com/