Re: The problem of playing politics with our constitutional rights

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997, David H Dennis wrote:

> Government is like the biggest company
> in the nation, with no profit pressure to restrain bureaucracy.

I wonder what would happen if we created competition for the gov't. Say,
make each state compete with each other, attempting to 'sell' services
(roads, welfare, real estate, etc.) for the cheapest rates (taxes). That
might force the gov't to radically change. One might say that exists now,
as people can choose the state they're in. But what if the state were not
restricted to only 'selling' within state lines, and the federal gov't had
competition as well? A true capitialist-democrasy.

Just some random thoughts.

-- Run.exe
  * Value Your Privacy? The Government Doesn't.  Say 'No' to Key Escrow! *
            Adopt Your Legislator -  http://www.crypto.com/adopt
"If I had only known, I would have been a locksmith."
                -- Albert Einstein
[email protected] http://www.ntplx.net/~runexe/ PGP encrypted mail prefered