Re: The problem of playing politics with our constitutional rights

On 18 Sep 1997 22:49:04 -0500, [email protected] (Douglas L. Peterson)
wrote:

>>>	Sell code.
>>>
>>Marketing.
>>
>>It's not enough to have a great product -- you must also have great
>>marketing. In the case of memewar, you need to get people to want to use
>>something, enough to change their habits, even slightly. The less they need
>>to change, relative to the benefit they get, the better.
>>
>>PGP/Eudora is a wonderful example of this. All that is needed to use it is
>>one extra step (after install) -- typing your passphrase to sign a message
>>before it is sent. Otherwise, it works the same as it always has. As a side
>>effect, you can right-click to encrypt any file you can see in Explorer.
>>Simple, quick, and usable even by the brain-dead, once you've convinced
>>them TO use it. (And I forgot to bring my key file to work, so my Eudora
>>here is useless for those purposes. Bother.)
>
>Too bad I use Agent.  PGP is not out for it.

There are some third party programs that make using PGP with Agent easy.  I
use PGPeep(  http://kakadu.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/pgpeep/ ).  With it,
all I have to do to decrypt a message or verify a signature is hit
CTRL+ALT+Enter.  It's not as good as having true integration, but at least
I don't have to copy to the clipboard each time.

-- Phelix