Re: Chutzpah! FBI Calls Privacy Extremists Elitist

Fisher Mark <[email protected]> writes:

> Alas (according to my failing memory) it was legislator from my home
> state of Indiana during the early part of this century, who had planned
> to make a killing in textbooks if Pi == 3.0 was accepted.  Fortunately
> he was called on it when it went before the whole legislature.

It was pi == 4.0, not 3.0, and was in fact enacted by the General
Assembly of Indiana in 1897.  Don't know when it was repealed.

--
Paul Foley <[email protected]>  ---   PGP-encrypted mail preferred

	   PGP key ID 0x1CA3386D available from keyservers
    fingerprint = 4A 76 83 D8 99 BC ED 33  C5 02 81 C9 BF 7A 91 E8