Re: Forwarded mail... (fwd)

Forwarded message:

> Subject: Re: Forwarded mail... (fwd)
> Date: Thu, 2 Oct 97 18:52:18 -0400
> From: "Brian B. Riley" <[email protected]>

>    None of these targets shoots back ... none of these targets pump up
> much adrenaline.

I have been shot at several times, some were hunting accidents and some were
intentional. I did not freek out nor did my adrenalin rush impede my ability
to think or to react. I did shoot back in each case. I am still alive and
don't have a single bullet hole in my body so I must be doing something
right. Don't know about them, I left the area in every case ASAP.

> can tell you of making several 25-35 yard snap shots in the jungle at
> moving shooting targets with the adrenaline driving my eyeballs
> through the roof

My house at 1am is not comparable to the jungle nor is the psychological
situation comparable either. I am not confused about where or what is going
on nor am I worried about making my tour. I am faced with the clear situation
of somebody who wants to do me bodily harm. That doesn't scare me, it pisses
me off to no end. When I get a rush I don't shake and such, I get very calm
and methodical. It's only after the crisis has passed that I tend to sit down
and shake like hell.

>   The point is, "shooting to wound" is a dangerous delusion!

No shit. Let me make this clear. The ONLY way I would even consider shooting
to wound was if the burglar was CLEARLY UNARMED, and the only reason that
would happen was because in Texas shooting unarmed persons, even burglars,
is illegal other than that you'd be dead. In any other situation my intent is
to kill, kill, kill. As I said before, I would start with a center chest body
shot and work up (which is natural since the aim point for successive shots
will rise).

> have always followed is don't take out your gun unless you are going
> to use it; don't use it unless you intend to kill. Makes decisions
> much easier on that basis.

We agree on this point.

   |    The financial policy of the welfare state requires that there   |
   |    be no way for the owners of wealth to protect themselves.       |
   |                                       -Alan Greenspan-             |
   |        /:'///// ``::>/|/                     http:// www.ssz.com/  |
   |                                                 [email protected]     |