Re: Secure phone

At 6:25 PM -0700 10/5/97, Adam Back wrote:
>On the other hand, using persistent key public key crypto, Tim has
>been signing his posts recently, and I have an ancient public key of
>his stashed away which his new key is signed with.  If we were able to
>construct a protocol to bolt on top of the reading of hashes, we could
>have much greater protection against MITM.

Of course if you can use PGP as well as the secure phone, you can use PGP
to exchange a pad of one-time passwords.

>To answer the other poster who opined that you had no business saying
>things to people who's voices you don't recognize: nonsense.
>
>We're saying things all the time to people who's voices we've _never_
>heard with PGP.

Are you really willing to discuss with Tim that suitcase you're planning on
bringing to the states.  :-)

Bill Frantz       | Internal surveillance      | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | helped make the USSR the   | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | nation it is today.        | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA