Re: What's really in PGP 5.5?

At 08:48 PM 10/7/97 -0500, Bruce Schneier wrote:
   Jon Calis wrote:
   >Also, we have three encryption products: PGP freeware, PGP for Personal
   >Privacy, and PGP for Business Security. Corporate Message Recovery is
   >included *only* in PGP for Business Security. It is not, and never will
   >be, in either the freeware or the Personal Privacy product.

   If this is true (and I have no reason to believe it isn't), then why is the
   key escrow code written (although not turned on) in the source code for 5.0
   that was posted internationally from PGP?

Bruce, I understand that you don't like any form of data recovery, but
there is no key escrow in PGP. Perhaps we should talk about this on the phone.

   Makes no sense.

   Bruce

-----
Jon Callas                                         [email protected]
Chief Scientist                                    555 Twin Dolphin Drive
Pretty Good Privacy, Inc.                          Suite 570
(415) 596-1960                                     Redwood Shores, CA 94065
Fingerprints: D1EC 3C51 FCB1 67F8 4345 4A04 7DF9 C2E6 F129 27A9 (DSS)
              665B 797F 37D1 C240 53AC 6D87 3A60 4628           (RSA)