Re: FCPUNX:CDT complains to my editors after post to cypherpunks

At 09:34 AM 9/26/97 -0700, Tim May wrote:
> The larger issue is that the CDT/VTW "players" are showing their
> willingness to trade away the civil liberties of us all for a few minor
> tidbits thrown (they think) to corporate sponsors.

CDT may not necessarily be pursuing the interests of its corporate
sponsors.

Legislation in congress, any legislation, the worse the better,
will promote corporate donations to CDT.  This does not meen that
the corps want legislation.

Indeed, this is a chronic problem with such mundane non civil
liberties lobbies as the milk lobby.

Big business sends their lobbyists to Washington, where they are
corrupted by contact with politicians.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]