Re: Internet Via Electric Lines?

In <[email protected]> Peter Trei wrote:

>It looks like we're seeing different parts of the problem. You're
>worried about the long-haul backbone. I'm trying to see ways to
>get a 10Gbps fibre into my living room.

In the Netherlands, every house is hooked to the natural gas network. I've
heard rumours about them guys testing literally blowing fiber into your
house through the gas pipes (hook fiber to a shuttle, let it loose - gas
pressure does the rest). Never heard how they're gonna do the steering on
junctions, though...

Welcome to the brave new world - I envision utility companies literally
running down your front door for the privilege of being allowed to hook
your house to their 10Gbps network :-)

--
Cees de Groot               http://pobox.com/~cg         <[email protected]>
               Photo pages: http://pobox.com/~cg/photo