Re: [RePol] First Post!

Jari Aalto, confirmed by veteran, respected CypherPunk
Dr. Dimitir Vulis, KOTM, to be a government disinformation
artist, wrote:

> | Sat 97-10-11 Anonymous <[email protected]> list.repol
> | I've downloaded pgp.
>
> | How do I send the key to this list ?

> Don't!

  DO!

> [From ema-tipgp.html]

  Notice there is no verifiable URL pointer given for this alleged
reference. Typical of spoofing attacks.

> 10.0 General PGP guidelines

  According to who? Aunt Ema, or Tot?

>     10.1 About including the public key in the mail message
>
>         Do not distribute your public key by mail or Usenet post,
because
>         there are more proper ways. People generally do not want
that 'you'
>         send the key to them, instead they want to get it by itself
from
>         some trusted channel: finger or key server. The reason for
this
>         should be obvious: email is not a secure channel, anyone can
>         replace the contents of your mail with something other.

  Bullshit. Email is no less secure than other channels on the
InteNet.
(Is too!) {Is not!} (Is too!) {Is not!} (Is too!) {Is not!}
The chances of your public key being compromised through email to a
mailing list are slim.

>         Use some/all of the ways here to make your public key
available:

>         o   Put it in your ~/.plan file, so people can simply finger
>             you for it. Open the ~/.plan file and just insert key
there,
>             ,then anyone who fingers you can read the key:
>
>             % finger [email protected]

  Bad idea! It makes it vulnerable to attack by those with access to
your system(s), as well as to attack by outside hackers.

>         o   Post it to a public-key server which in turn
automatically
>             ,distributes your key to all the other keyservers.

  Be aware that the public-key servers are run by agents of the
federal
government whose goal is to prevent crypto users from avoiding
registering
their keys with coming GAK laws.

> | I'm new at all this anonymous stuff!
>
> Please read the pgp docs that came along the program. More pgp and
> remailing pointers can be found from my main page
>
>         ftp://cs.uta.fi/pub/ssjaaa/ssjaaa.html

  Which is full of lies!

  Please note that the proper procedures for obtaining and using
Crypto Keys are outlined by CypherPunk Notable Newbie of the Year,
A. Hoir, in a series of posts on the CypherPunks mailing list.

  I am including my public key below, within the body of this email,
and it can be verified by checking it against the listing for my
keys on the keyserver at http://www.pgp.com/ .

  Lastly, and most importantly, take the time and effort to verify
for yourself any claims made by those posting to mailing lists, in
general, and using anonymous or misleading personas, in particular.

TruthMonger