Re: Quantum Computing

To answer Adam's question on quatum computing, see:
http://feynman.stanford.edu/qcomp/artlist.html

Interesting stuff.  Nothing to do with encryption (except maybe breaking it in
the future).

John E. Mayorga

Standard disclaimer

Adam Shostack wrote:

> At Interop, someone mentioned to me that Nortel has announced a system
> for getting 192k over power lines.  Theres a link on their home page,
> but its broken.
>
> On another topic, someone asked me about a "new breakthrough in
> quantum computing."  Anyone know of an announcement in the last week?
>
> Adam
>
> Peter Trei wrote:
> | > To:            [email protected]
> | > From:          Jonathan Wienke <[email protected]>
> | > I heard on the ABC hourly news that some genius had figured out a way
> | > to use electrical power lines for data transmission, so that the power
> | > grid could be integrated into the Internet.  Does anyone have any
> | > details / pointers?
>
> --
> "It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once."
>                                                        -Hume

begin:          vcard
fn:             John Mayorga
n:              Mayorga;John
org:            Netscape Communications Corp.
adr;dom:        ;;501 E. Middlefield Road, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA;9;;;
email;internet: [email protected]
tel;work:       4556
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE