Personal use crypto export

I'm moved to repeat Matt Blaze's exercise of a couple of years
ago, where he went through the rigamarole to get an Official
Paper from Customs or State or whoever was in charge to take his
laptop out of the country with crypto on it for his personal use
overseas.  His experiences finding the right person to talk to
to get a form, then his inability to find a Customs official to
look at it on the way back, were semi-hilarious.

However, now that crypto exports in general have moved from ITAR
to EAR and BXA is in charge of general crypto exports, I can't find
out how to get the right form to take out a laptop with PGP (or
anything else) on it.  Can anybody give me a pointer to whoever
thinks they're in charge of this stuff?

Or have they given up on this phase?

Thanks...
--