Re: "First do no harm"

At 12:16 AM 10/20/97 -0500, Jean-Francois Avon wrote:
> In the old days, you used to scramble through his mountain of
> paper on his desk.  In more recent days, you frantically
> scanned his exemplary organized data structure and found
> the documents.  Today, the said data structure is still
> exceptionally orderly, but only to reveal several very
> describing filenames with a  dot-asc or dot-pgp extension.
>
> Any comments?

Sounds like a good argument for banning employees from purging their mail.
:-)

This employee regularly purged his mail, an operation far more effective
than merely encrypting it.

In well run companies, the boss does not wade through the employees trash.

If I have email that I may need to refer to, I file it appropriately.

PGP is not primarily designed for storage of sensitive data.

Insert usual argument concerning encryption of transmissions
versus encryption of storage.

Your argument is an argument for corporate access to secure file
systems, not corporate access to secure email.

For some far from mysterious reason, those who provide secure
file systems feel little need to provide a back door.

and our property, because of the kind	|
derives from this right, not from the	|
arbitrary power of the state.		|   [email protected]