Re: SMTP Encryption Extension

>Well, what are we really concerned about?  Not Web traffic - although your
>web surfing history is private information, the data itself is by nature
>public and encrypting it is kinda pointless.

Not at all! Most of my time is spent trying to keep 'restricted data'
from being scooped by the wrong people... from the Web. We have
licensed data, students' private data, surveys and voting (the results
of which should be available only in certain formats and then only to
certain people), etc. etc... So data kept on the filesystem has to
be protected and it has to be encrypted when it is sent out to the
browsing (legitimate) user.

Nice try...

Ariel Glenn
[email protected]