Re: the migration path (was Re: Your "RIGHT" to Speak to Big Brother)

Adam Back wrote:

>Perhaps this is what they are busy building at their top-sikrit crypto
>software development/research center at Cambridge, UK under the
>guidance of new head of research cryptographer Roger Needham.
>Looks like an export embargo end-run by Bill Gates.
>
>Maybe Bill Gates is a cypherpunk after all, well we can live in hope,
>anyway.

He's no anarcho-cypherpunk:   he and his father just contributed a great
amount of money to support a gun-law initiative which would place all sorts
of requirements on gun-owners (mandatory licensing, mandatory training,
mandatory gun-locks, and many privacy-intrusive reductions of personal
authority, etc.) in Washington state.

I don't precisely know where he stands regarding crypto, but I know that he
puts business requirements and customer acceptance above the arguments of
GAK advocates, as do the VIPs who work in encryption and who totally reject
the idea of Big Brother.

    ..
Blanc