Re: Laws recognizing digital signatures

At 9:24 am -0400 on 10/23/97, Vincent Cate wrote:

> I mentioned that there were a few other jurisdictions that had passed some
> laws like this and they would like me to try to pin down which and, if
> possible, get copies of the laws.
>
> I remember some talk about this on cypherpunks, so I am hoping someone
> here can tell me which places (think there was some state) have such laws,
> and if possible tell me where I can get a copy.

Funny you should ask that. There's a bunch of lawyerly traffic on
[email protected], run off of [email protected]. I've sent you the
welcome message under separate cover. Of course, if you'd been subscribing
to e$pam, you'd know all of this. :-). (Of course, if I could just get some
keyword searchable archives of e$pam up and running, you wouldn't have to
subscribe to a mail-firehose like e$pam ;-)).

Take a look at:

http://www.smu.edu/~jwinn/esig.htm

Jane Winn is god. (this week anyway)

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga ([email protected]), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/
Ask me about FC98 in Anguilla!: <http://www.fc98.ai/>