Re: World-wide GAK

G'day all.

Tim May wrote:

> Nor is it by any stretch the first non-US GAK measures proposed. Cf. the
> Trusted Third Parties plan in the U.K., the Australian developments, and
> various measures in the Phillipines, Singapore, Germany, Sweden, and, of
> course, the People's Republic of China.

Just in case anyone is interested in the Australian developments, the
EFA (Australian counterpart to the EFF) has published the Australian
government's "Review of policy relating to encryption technologies",
usually referred to as the Walsh Report.  It's available online:

	http://www.efa.org.au/Issues/Crypto/Walsh/

BTW, the author of this report, Gerard Walsh, is a former deputy
director-general of ASIO, the Australian Security and Intelligence
Organisation.  They're the ones responsible for national security.
Other organisations which you should know about before reading are:

	- Australian Federal Police (AFP)
	- National Crime Authority (NCA)
	- Australian Transaction Reports and Analysis Centre
	  (AUSTRAC)
	- Commonwealth Law Enforcement Board (CLEB)
	- Defense Signals Directorate (DSD)

Now that I've set the NSA line eater buzzing with excitement, we now
return you to your scheduled technical discussion.

Cheers,
Andrew Bromage