Did you taken part in a key crack?

I'm giving a presentation at the RSA Data Security Conference
in January, 1998. The title is "Key Cracking for fun and Profit: The
Year in Review".

The main topic will be the activity spawned by the RSA Secret Key
Challenges, though I'll include other brute-force and factoring
efforts, in 1997 or before.

If you have taken part in a key search, and/or have any thoughts
on the topic you'd like to share, I hope you'll send them to me at
[email protected].

I'm particularly interested in finding out about some of the
less-known efforts - for example, the DES effort rumored to have
taken place at SGI, and the early, abortive RC5/56 effort at a
New York site.

Stories, anecdotes, and issues raised by the efforts are all
welcomed. Responses will be kept confidential if desired.

Thanks,

Peter Trei
[email protected]

DISCLAIMER: The above are my own views, should not be misconstrued
to represent those of my employer.