Re: spoofing as performance art

Zooko Journeyman wrote:

> Tim C. May allegedly typed something like:
> >
> > There's something about the Cypherpunks list that causes some people to
> > decide it would be a kewl act of performance art to disrupt it, distract
> > it, stalk it, and mailbomb it.
> >
> > And complaining never helps...it only stimulates their performance art juices.
>
> Hey, the jokes from Anonymous(ses) and Dmitri M. Vulis are the
> only reason I _read_ cpunks anymore!  Oh yeah-- and that
> hilarious spoof about PGP, Inc. putting GAK-friendly features
> into their product.  It's so funny that people fall for that
> old "PGP is in with the government" gag every time it comes
> around.

Yeah! It was a master stroke for PGP to redo their homepage to
reflect the addition of the PGP 5.5 Corporate Fascism product.
I bet they fooled a lot of people...yuk, yuk.

> Also, I'm looking for a job, I think.  Or else a good
> university to go to.
>
> But mostly I'm just reading the hilarious Anonymous posts and
> spoofs.

Me too. I think those assholes spamming the list with all of those
crypto discussions should be forcefully unsubscribed.

Not That I'm A Troublemaker...

S A N D Y