Re: key recovery meeting/demonstration in DC, 11/5

At 1:17 PM -0800 10/27/97, Greg Broiles wrote:

>See <http://gits-sec.treas.gov/const.htm>; there's going to be a meeting
>discussing key recovery technology and legislation in Washington, D.C. on
>November 5...
>
>The web page features plenty of obfuscation/confusion which tries to link
>KR technology with encryption/security technology, suggesting that a
>combination of the two (or merely the former) is required to allow
>widespread use of the Internet for commerce and data transfer.

I just love the politicians who say they want to regulate, "To foster
Internet growth" when the real problems are mostly keeping the physical
plant up with the growth.

Note to Washington: The Internet is doing fine all on its own.

Bill Frantz       | Internal surveillance      | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | helped make the USSR the   | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | nation it is today.        | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA