Thanks to AnonyMace, we know: / Re: North CA cops skip preliminaries, get straight to torture

Boots wrote:
> Anonymous wrote:
> >   The manufacturer of the pepper spray used warns that it should be
> > used from a minimum of three feet away, as closer use will result
> > in tissue damage.
>
> http://www.tscm.com/mace.html

Chemical Mace�,
A trademark for a mixture of organic chemicals used in aerosol form as a
weapon
to disable with intense burning pain, blepharospasm, acute bronchitis,
and
respiratory irritation.
                   -- "American Heritage Dictionary", 1991

  i.e. - The police in Humboldt county used 'weapons' against peaceful
passive-resisters.

Mace is an aerosol weapon (tear gas) that is used to disable violent
attackers.

  i.e. - ibid.

What Is Mace Made Of? (Formulations)
     CN (Original Mace)
     CS
     CN/OC Blend
     CS/OC Blend
     OC 5.5%
     OC 10%
     OC Foam
CN -- Chloracetophenone (Lacrimator Agent)
     Relatively toxic
     Fast Acting (Upper Respiratory Tract, Lachrymatory, Eyes)
     Irritating to the Skin (burning and itching sensation)
CS -- Orthochlorbenzalmalononitrle (Lacrimator Agent)
Extreme burning of the eyes, and flowing tears
     Stinging sensation on all moist skin
     Tightness in the chest and throat (Lung and Bronchial Irritant)
OC -- Oleoresin of Capsicum (Inflammation Agent)
     Severe involuntary closing of the eyes/Spasms of Eyelids
     Severe burning of the eyes, and flowing tears
     Intense pain on all exposed all skin

  i.e. - The police *sentenced* unconvicted citizens to receive
the *punishment* of *severe* burning and *intense* pain by use
of *chemical warfare*.

How Does It Work?
CN and CS are both irritants and lacrimator agents...if it gets
into the respiratory tract is causes severe coughing and choking.
                                     ^^^^^^
For CN and CS to work effectively the person being sprayed must
be able to feel pain
                ^^^^
OC on the other hand is a inflammation agent...it causes...the
entire respiratory system to seize up and go into spasms.

  i.e. - Severe Pain and Spasms == Punishment

Legalities
Any time you use Mace (or any kind of weapon) be prepared to
defend yourself in civil or criminal court.
Spraying someone with Mace is (by legal definition) an assault,
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^     ^^^^^^^
and you must be legally justified to spray someone.

You can easily go to jail or get sued for misusing a defensive
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^             ^^^^^^^^^^^^  *^^^^^^^^^*
spray or any level of physical force.

  i.e. - If you are a *citizen-unit*.

Keep in mind that the use of any kind of defensive weapon could
result in death.

  i.e. - Do the police give a fat rat's ass if they kill the
      citizens by using *chemical warfare* when it is not
      necessary, except to perhaps 'teach someone a lesson'
      by sentencing them to be punished before trial? No.

When to Use - Use of Force Ladder
     Confrontational Avoidance
     Physical Presence
     Key Verbal Skills
     Body Language - Assault is Imminent/Possible
     Defensive Tactics/Martial Arts/C&R/Open Hand
     Chemical Weapons
     Impact Weapons
     Edged Weapons
     Firearms

  i.e. - The word "defensive" is used, time and time again in this
      evaluation of the proper use of mace. The words *punishment*
      and *expediency* are, not surpsingly, absent from this
      discourse.

[If you follow the links to the government material on the use of
 these deadly chemical weapons, you will find constant references
 to "restraint" of "aggressive" individuals, and as an "alternative"
 to "physical violence."]

About the author:  [BTW, he's is trained in "Cryptanalysis"]

James M. Atkinson, is an internationally recognized leader and trainer
in the field
of Technical Surveillance Counter Measures (TSCM), Signals Intelligence
(SIGINT), Electronic Surveillance Technology, Telecommunications,
Intelligence
Acquisition and Analysis, Covert and Tactical Operations,
Counterintelligence,
Computer and Communications Systems, High Speed Photonic Networking,
High
Security Locksmithing, Electronic Counterterrorism, Explosives
Detection,
Chemical Weapons, Security Evaluation, and Consulting.

Mr. Atkinson has been trained by the U.S. Government in Intelligence,
Covert
Operations, Technical Surveillance, and Cryptanalysis. He is a graduate
of the
Defense Intelligence School and has extensive field experience in
military, technical
intelligence, and covert operations. He is a veteran with eight years of
active duty
military service, followed by two years of employment with a U.S.
intelligence
agency, and holds a Top Secret security clearance.

He has completed advanced tactical training, and has been certified as
both an
Instructor and a Master Instructor of chemical weapons and is literally
the person
who "teaches the teachers".

Mr. Atkinson is also the author of numerous books, including multiple
titles related
to chemical weapons.