RE: North CA cops skip preliminaries, get straight to torture

At 10:45 AM -0700 10/31/97, Fisher Mark wrote:

>I think you're overreacting here (or I am misreading the above '>>').
>If the sentence is life, with a chance for parole after 15 years, or if
>the sentence is death, that is what all those who practice civil
>disobedience should face -- what the actual sentence is.  Applying
>pepper spray directly to eyes of _non-violent_ demonstrators is "cruel
>and unusual punishment", not just normal arrest procedures.  (Violent
>demonstrators must deal with the consequences of their actions,
>including death.)

This whole "non-violent demonstrators" stuff is the conceptual flaw.

If I return to my home or place of business and find that "demonstrators"
have placed a 700-pound tree trunk in the center of my living room or
office and have chained themselves to it, or surrounded it with a human
chain, as a form of "protest," my response will be simple:

"I'm going to go get my assault pistol and a couple of other guns. If
you're gone by the time I get back, we'll settle in civil court for the
damage you just did to my front door, my carpet, and my peace of mind. If
you're not gone, I'll consider you intruders in my home or business, and
probable threats. Take your choice."

Sounds fair to me.

"Non-violent demonstrators" are still trespassers, and possible security
threats.

This is what guns are for.

--Tim May