Strange Days Vol. 2

    WELCOME  to The Doors Collectors Magazines
             Strange Days News Emailer! Vol. 2

              The Celebration has just begun:

----For removal instructions, please see end of newsletter----

CONTENTS:
	 1. The Doors Box Set is in the stores TODAY!!!
	 2. Doors Web Ring Ranks 15th Largest!
	 3.  Lycos Top 5%!  We�re in!
	 4.  New Doors Memorabilia List On-Line News
	 5.  Strange Days Specials

Today, October 28th, 1997 is the first day that millions of Doors fans will finally be able to get their hands on a copy of The Doors long awaited box set. The media blitz across the nation has caused such a surge on our web site that it slowed downloads down to a halt earlier yesterday. Thanks to the quick response of our ISP (Fibernet, Inc) we have bolstered the site to withstand anything that can hit us today!  Check us out at
              http://www.doors.com
Included in all the promotion is a new three hour long syndicated radio show (Without a Safety Net) about The Doors aired within the last two days and hundreds of classic rock radio stations played Doors block parties all weekend long to honor this auspicious occasion.

Those of you who live in NYC might want to call Tower Records for details because all three Doors will be signing box sets today! For those fans back in Los Angeles be sure to go to the Tower Records on Sunset next Saturday for the same opportunity.   On a personal note: I would love to buy any spare copies of  the box set that are signed by all three Doors, so if you get the chance� why not help me out and help pay for your own box set at the same time! Email me for details at: [email protected]

For those of you asking about price: The list price is $69 but many large record chains are celebrating the release with special prices� The lowest I�ve seen so far is $45

Ever since the set list was released (http://www.doors.com/sd.html) I�ve had tons of emails asking questions about the box set�but the one question that I have been asked repeatedly and had no answer for was why the song "Paris Blues" whose lyrics appeared in Danny Sugerman�s "Illustrated Lyrics" book was not to be on the box set song line up?  So at the press conference earlier this month, I grabbed the microphone and asked the question.   Ray offered an explanation saying that the song just didn�t make the cut. Plain and simple.

But don�t worry!   The box set kicks a big ass!  I can�t even tell you how excited that I am for the fans to hear some of the incredible tunes represented on the set. PICK IT UP!   IT�S AT YOUR LOCAL CD STORE TODAY!!!!

The WebRing of The Doors which is sponsored by The Doors Collectors Magazine has now skyrocketed to being the 15th largest music related WebRing on the net!  We recently too k out the Hanson WebRing (MmmmBop!  Two thumbs up for this!!!) Check out the WebRing of The Doors at:
http://www.doors.com/webring/

The Doors Collectors Magazine (http://www.doors.com) has made it to the Lycos Top 5% of all web sites!  Check out our site�s review below. I think most of it is pretty good!:

This online version of the print magazine contains a trunk full of articles, interviews and beautiful loser trinkets. The Stones have a credit card; the Doors have an e-mail address: doors.com. It's not all just Lizard King worship, either. DCM focuses on the band's music, life and career rather than simply deifying Jim Morrison. True believers can trade concert tapes, check in on tribute bands, and read back issues. Big Picture projects: mounting a campaign to strike Morrison's criminal record for his alleged exhibitionism on a Miami stage. A slavish yet seductive entrance to the Doors web ring.

We just updated our on-line memorabilia list with over 150 new illustrations of all kinds of Doors memorabilia!  Never before has it been easier to see what you need before ordering.  Our secure order site makes it safe for you to sit at home and find those hard to find Doors items that you�ve been looking for.

Coming Soon:  An online form for you to submit your want lists to us!

 ***�They Died Too Young: Jim Morrison� by Jon E. Lewis (UK) Out of print miniature pocket book entirely on Morrison. Cond: M Regularly $15 now just $10!
	http://www.doors.com/door_mem/books/index.html

***�This is Happening� underground newspapers from 1967-68. Every issue (but #3) had some Doors related article or teaser. Now till Oct. 31 take 20% off each issue�s price. Supplies may be limited since I only have 5 copies of each!
	http://www.doors.com/door_mem/magazines/index.html

***�Jim Morrison's Testimony from Miami Obscenity Trial'  49 pages of rare transcripts in a deluxe binder. Find out for yourself what Jim said on the witness stand. Excellent quality and extremely interesting! Regularly $8 now just $5!
	http://www.doors.com/door_mem/books/index.html

***'Creem (Summer �81) Doors Special Edition'  Entire issue devoted to The Doors. Over 50 photos. Some never seen before! Reflections from close friends. New interviews and more! Out of stock for over a year! RARE! Cond: M. Regularaly $125 now just $100!
	http://www.doors.com/door_mem/magazines/creem_se.html

***For Hard Core Fans:  One FREE 90 minute cassette volume from our trade list for every $100 spent on Doors memorabilia from our memorabilia list at:
	http://www.doors.com/door_mem/
Or you can check out our list of audio cassette tapes for trade at:
	http://www.doors.com/liveshow/

***Attention European Doors fans:  We now have capabilities to dub videos from our trade list directly in PAL at no additional cost (trade value).

	THIS IS THE END MY FRIEND... TILL NEXT TIME!

Kerry
[email protected]

Thanks you for reading The Doors Collectors Magazine's Strange Days Email
Newsletter. If you have received this newsletter in error, please just
return this message back to [email protected] with "REMOVE" in the
subject heading. DO NOT RESPOND to this email address unless you want to
be removed from future emailings of our newsletters.