Re: One Time Pads (Real Ones!)

Mix writes:

:
: One time pads are under rated, in my view.  Not only are they secure
: forever, but the executive branch of the U.S. government says they are
: exportable.

If your basis for saying that the U.S. government says that one time
pads are exportable was the governments classification of a one time
that I wrote in DOS assembly language using XOR to munge together the
contents of two files, I don't think that you can rely on that
authority since, at the same time, the government refused to rule that
all one time pads using XOR are not subject to licensing under the
EAR.

--
Peter D. Junger--Case Western Reserve University Law School--Cleveland, OH
 EMAIL: [email protected]    URL:  http://samsara.law.cwru.edu