Re: Why porn must be stopped at all costs, by Jodi Hoffman

> Someone on this list, I forget who, has made numerous attempts at
> convincing us that pornography 'does no harm' to children.  It is
> exactly at this point that I must draw a line.  Studies have shown that
> an event which lasts even so much as three-tenths of a second, within
> five to ten minutes has produced a structural change in the brain.
> Exposure to porn causes actual brain damage, especially in a child.

Wrong. Exposure to pornography does not cause "brain damage" or
"structural changes in the brain." That's like saying that holding up
dirty pictures in front of an office building is going to cause
"structural changes" in the building. Sure, a percentage of the
little people inside looking out the windows are going to have a
twisted little grin on their face, but holding up the pictures isn't
going to compromise the integrity of the building structure. I'd like
to know where you get your information, because it's false.