Re: Why porn must be stopped at all costs, by Jodi Hoffman

Dear Jodi-

So occasionally I like to turn these arguments around in my head:

Why should the smart, mature people under 18 in this
country be penalized because your immature, mentally
retarded and over-fragile kids can't seem to handle
the sight of naked people?  What if I wanted to protect
my children from the evils of Christianity?  Could I
ban that from the internet with the same sort of
high horse the anti-porn people seem to be riding?

 And damage and change are completely different things.  We're
all changed by our experiences.  Some people among us were
apparantly beat over the head with dirty pictures as children
and are now horribly afraid of them.

The other bits in her letter (The bible being thrown out
of public schools for example) were just plain lies.

It's sad that when most of America has to chose between
its essential freedoms and the most trivial of
protection from objectionable thought, that we chose
to lose the freedoms.

-wabe