Teaching Kids To Love Big Brother

>From the Infowar Web site:

BRISBANE, Nov 2 AAP - Special computer software will stop Queensland
school children accessing pornography on the Internet as schools are
connected to the worldwide web over the next year, Education Minister
Bob Quinn said today.

[deletia]

"Students will not be permitted to deviate down the many unsavoury side
roads off the information superhighway," Mr Quinn said in a statement.

"We don't want children exposed to pornography. We don't want them learning
how to make bombs. We don't want them gambling in cyberspace and we don't
want them wasting their valuable time on silly games and other pointless pursuits."

[deletia]

Attempts to access prohibited sites on school Internet terminals would
trigger an automatic alarm monitored by Education Queensland's network administrators.

Mr Quinn said e-mail would also be scrutinised and messages with
prohibited words or phrases automatically directed to administrators.

[deletia]

The monitoring system would also monitor traffic patterns used by
Queensland's 450,000 students and 30,000 teachers, he said.

>>> END

Shame about the export restrictions, or this would be a great market
for PGP's new snoopware.

    Mark