Re: Privacy Software

At 2:32 PM -0800 11/4/97, Adam Back wrote:
>What's wrong with the randseed.bin and the public and private key
>rings is that they should all be encrypted with a key derived from
>your passphrase.

Think about it for a minute.  randseed.bin is a place to store entropy.
Entropy is about uncertainty.  If I do a reversible transform (e.g.
encrypt) to randseed.bin, I still recover the entropy without reversing
(e.g. decrypting) the transform.

Bill Frantz       | Internal surveillance      | Periwinkle -- Consulting
(408)356-8506     | helped make the USSR the   | 16345 Englewood Ave.
[email protected] | nation it is today.        | Los Gatos, CA 95032, USA