Re: Copyright commerce and the street musician protocol

At 7:13 pm -0500 on 11/2/97, Steve Schear wrote:

> The first somewhat serious treatment of this I saw was Hughes's DEFCON IV
> presentation entitled, I believe, "Universal Piracy System."

I'm curious about this...

Did DEFCON IV happen before, or after, the rump session of FC97 (February
26? 1997), when Jason Cronk talked about recursive auctions on geodesic
networks? Actually, now that I think about it, Ian Grigg did a talk about
the sell-side inverse of the same idea in the same session...

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga ([email protected]), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/
Ask me about FC98 in Anguilla!: <http://www.fc98.ai/>