Totally breakable V(aporware) M(oney-making) E(ncryption)

I just finished reading the contents of the VME web-site. I have a
few things to say. :)

First of all the web-site blows elephant cock. You would think with
guys smart enough to come up with "unbreakable encryption", they
would at least be able to design a good site.

Second, they make a big deal about how fast it is and how it can
encrypt *ONE WHOLE FAT MEGABYTE A MINUTE*! Big whoop. Hope nobody
wants to encrypt anything useful besides teensy weensy e-mails,
'cause you're gonna grow old before it finishes encrypting.

Third, what the hell good is it if nobody can see the source code?
It's well known that a trademark of bad cryptographic systems are the
ones that rely on secrecy of the algorithm. Some happy little geek in
his college computer lab is going to spend the time needed to reverse
engineer the program, which they claim is "impossible to reverse
engineer". Well, they didn't say it was "impossible", but they did
say that the code is so complicated that nobody would be able to
understand it if they ever did reverse engineer it. Bullshit. I know a
15 year old kid who actually has the patience to go through a few
thousand lines of assembly code just to see what a program really
does.

Fourth, as someone else pointed out, the description of the algorithm
is filled with words like "revolutionary" and "super-fast", etc. The
descriptions of how the program works are so vague and general that
it hards to believe they even have a running program. The description
of the encryption sounds all very pretty, but I seriously wonder if
that's the extent of the security. Almost like having a gold plated
sign on your door saying "Keep out!" and then leaving your door
unlocked.

Fifth, their "challenge" to these major corportions merely states
that they gave IBM, MS, and Netscape this big challenge to crack the
system, but it never actually says the companies took up the offer
and are actively trying to crack it. How's this one? "Microsoft,
Netscape, and IBM!! I challenge you to crack my version of the Caesar
Cipher!" There. I can now claim that I have challenged all the big
corps to crack my crypto scheme. Challenging a big company doesn't
prove a thing.

Anyway, that's my rant and rave. Just as a small side note, if you
would like to see some good examples of Madison Avenue at work then
just visit this web-site:

http://www.meganet.com