Re: Mixed Messages / Re: F00FC7C8 Kills P5 AND Re: Major securityflaw in Cybercash 2.1.2 (fwd)

At 11:33 PM +0100 on 11/8/97, Anonymous wrote:

> Eric Cordian wrote:
> > In comp.sys.intel, the keeper of the Intel Secrets Website,
> > [email protected] (Robert Collins) writes this absolutely amazing
> > paragraph:
> > > If nobody knew about this problem, nobody would be affected
> > > by it.
> > > No, I had no desire to publicize the bug.

> We at the Electronic Fraud Foundation also have no desire for these
> bugs to be publicized. We're making a goddamn fortune off of them.
> (Damn near as much as we're making off of our remailer-donation scam.)

Hope you're making a kill(1)ing.

Too bad any semi-intelligent entity with access to Alta-Vista can find
enough info to exploit this bug, right now...

Here's to hoping the remailer scam works out better -

-j

--
"This analogy is like lifting yourself by your own bootstraps."
                                         -Douglas R. Hofstadter