Re: 1st Ammendment Tossed in Paladin Case

>RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Ruling that the right to a free press doesn't
>cover a how-to-kill book, a federal appeals panel said the families
>of a hired killer's victims may sue the publisher of a book that he
>consulted.
>
>A three-judge panel of the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals denied
>First Amendment protection to ``Hit Man: A Technical Manual for
>Independent Contractors,'' saying publisher Paladin Press knew it
>would be used by murderers.

The decision is online in an incredibly difficult-to-read layout at:

<http://www.law.emory.edu/4circuit/nov97/962412.p.html>

.. I'm working on a more nicely formatted version, but am kinda getting my
ass kicked with things to do today, so that may not be ready until tomorrow.

--
Greg Broiles                | US crypto export control policy in a nutshell:
[email protected]         | Export jobs, not crypto.