Re: Tim May's offensive racism

On Sat, Nov 15, 1997 at 03:30:11AM -0600, TruthMonger wrote:
> Kent Crispin wrote:

> > > Just so.
>
> > Not so.  Tim is clearly a racist.
>
> Jesus H. Fucking Christ!
> I'm beginning to doubt if anyone participating in this thread knows
> what the fuck racism even is...or what humor is, either, for that
> matter.
>   Racism is a bunch of idiots who think that pissing on someone who
> _may_ be of a differnet ethinic origin, in a pissing contest, is racism.

No.  Using ethnic characteristics as a criteria for attaching
emotional labels is racism.  If you have a gut level dislike of
Japanese (blacks, jews, etc), because they are Japanese (blacks, jews,
etc), that's racism.

Of course, I grant you that on a mailing list it isn't possible to
know whether the human Tim May is "really" a racist, so it would have
been more accurate to say that the persona "Tim" on this mailing list
is clearly racist.  However, the usage is common.  And also granted
that the overwhelming thrust of Tim's writings are negative, so his
racist comments are almost lost in the noise.

[...]

>   Well, when a spic, nigger, wop, kike, raghead, slant or wagon burner
> is broken down on the side of the road on a dark and stormy night, I'm
> the fucking one out there getting cold and wet helping them out, while
> all of the politically correct types lock their doors while driving
> by at 60 mph.

And Tim would be right beside you,  helping out.  Right...

[...]

>   I've smoked crack with blacks, niggers and black-afro americans. When
> I talk loud enough for them to hear me, I try to be courteous enough to
> fit my choice of words to the environment and/or their preference.

courtesy = censorship

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
[email protected]			the thief he kindly spoke...