Re: Tim May's offensive racism

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM wrote:

>Just having racist thoughts, let alone expessing them, is equivalent to
>extreme violence. Remember the student who got suspended for a semester
>for laughing while singing "We shall overcome"?

Didn't hear about that.   Don't care.   Cypherpunks should know better.

"Cypherpunks acknowledge that those who want privacy must
create it for themselves and not expect governments, corporations, or
other large, faceless organizations to grant them privacy out of
beneficence."

Cypherpunks also realize that with the secure privacy they enable, people
will be free to exchange not only pornographic thoughts, but all manner of
other opinions, including racist misgivings.   Most cypherpunks feel pretty
free to hold all manner of offensive impressions not only of governments
and major software companies, but of each other, as well, and especially
feel pretty free to express these personal impressions, not only in
private, but in public, even if Interpol is watching.  This is not unusual
and quite understandable, as most cypherpunks are male and lacking in the
delicacy of gentlemanly manners (except for Tim May, who is always careful
with his words and focuses mainly on the point of code in the swiftly
evolving world of cyberspace).

Any list member who hasn't yet realized this needs help and should spend
some time communicating with TruthMonger.

    ..
Blanc
p.s.  and Dimitry, you shouldn't be posting through 'toad' anymore, if you
don't want to be identified as a 'toady'.