Re: Report on UN conference on Internet and racism

In <v03007808b097c592eba8@[168.161.105.216]>, on 11/18/97
   at 05:22 PM, Declan McCullagh <[email protected]> said:

>-Agha Shahi, a member of the  Committee on the Elimination of Racial
>Discrimination, gave a forceful opinion on how the Convention applies
>online and how countries must criminalize hate speech online.

Agha Shahi is a Statest Pig (As are most UN memebers).

Below is a list of who is on the Committee on the Elimination of Racial
Discrimination:

	M J Yutzis   	       *Argentina
	Hamzat Ahmadu	       *Nigeria
	Ivan Garvalov           Bulgaria
	Andrew Chigovera       *Zimbabwe
	Songu Shuhua           *China
	Mahmoud Aboul-Nasr     *Egypt
	Valencia Rodriguez      Ecuador
	Michael P Banton       *UK
	Shanti Sadiq Ali       *India
	Carlos L Hevia         *Cuba
	T Van Boven	        Netherlands
	Agha Shahi	       *Pakistan
	E Ferrero Costa	        Peru
	Ion Diaconu	       *Romania
	Michael E Sherifis	Cyprus
	Regis de Gouttes	France
	Yuri A Rechetov	        Russian Fed.
	Rudiger Wolfram        *Germany

* Countries that have not ratified Article 14 allowing complaints from
their own citizens to the  Committee.

Members of the CERD Committee are elected by secret ballot from a list of
persons nominated by countries which have ratified the International
Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination.

NOTE: This information is a couple of years old so there may have been
recent changes to the make-up of CERD.

Would you really trust any of these countries on a "freedom of speech"
issue? These are a bunch of statist pigs from irrelevant 3rd world
countries wishing to subvert democracy and freedom through UN charters.
Notice that most of these members woun't even be bothered with the
pretence of listening to their own citizens.

The UN is a plague on humanity.

- --
William H. Geiger III  http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii

OS/2 PGP 2.6.3a at: http://users.invweb.net/~whgiii/pgpmr2.html