AT&T Research "Crowds" -- Perl web anonymity proxy -- needs users

It has a screwy "non-commercial use only, AT&T gets everything, you
get nothing" license, but otherwise it looks interesting.

	John

From: Avi Rubin <[email protected]>

John,

You may remember that at Crypto, I described the Crowds system to you.
The system is now robust and up and running, and we have ported it to
windows and unix platforms, so just about anyone should be able to use
it. In fact, if there is such a thing as Perl for macintosh, I'm sure
it would work on that platform too.

We are very interested in getting more users of our system. As it is
intended to provide privacy to web users, I thought that perhaps it is
something that you and EFF would be interested in. Do you think you
could put a link to the Crowds page on the EFF web site?  Anything
else you can do to help increase the usage would be great, because our
system has the property that the more poeple use it, the more secure
it is. Let me know if you have any questions.

The Crowds page is:  http://www.research.att.com/projects/crowds

Thanks,
Avi

Aviel D. Rubin                                 [email protected]
Secure Systems Research Dept.                Adjunct Professor at NYU
AT&T Labs - Research
180 Park Avenue                   http://www.research.att.com/~rubin/
Florham Park, NJ 07932-0971                    Voice: +1 973 360-8356
USA                                            FAX:   +1 973 360-8809

   --> Check out http://www.clark.net/pub/mjr/websec/ for a new
       book on web security (The Web Security Sourcebook).