Re: cryptx spam - des-based program.

Ian Grigg wrote:
| Adam Shostack wrote:
| >
| > As the maintainer of the free crypto libraries page
| > (www.homeport.org/~adam/crypto), I'm strongly tempted to refuse to add
| > any new library whose name starts with crypt.
|
| I'd be interested to hear your reasons for this.  Is it a comment on
| crowding or on the use of the generic?  Looking at your page, I guess
| it's the overcrowding:  Crypto++ CryptoLib CryptLib Cryptix.  Try
| swapping the columns to intersperse the crypt-cartel.

	Its the overuse of the generic.  Cryptolib and Cryptlib are
different.  Quick, who wrote which?  I can't keep it straight.  (I
have web pages for that. :)  I can distinguish out BSAFE and SSLeay.

	Crowding is only a small problem.  If the names were better,
it would not be an issue.  The ordering on the page is the order I
created them, and it will not be changed due to the inordinate effort
required to change an HTML table.

Adam

					               -Hume