Re: Violence and Depravity

At 07:32 AM 11/20/1997 PST, Neva Remailer wrote:
>As a military trained explosive demolition instructor,
>I am compelled to concur with the absent testimony and published
>findings of a certain three star, to wit: It ain't necessarily so.
>
>Anyone with even a cursory knowledge of explosives will tell you
>that two tons of ammonium nitrate, sixty feet from the base
>of a tall, reinforced concrete and steel building,
>will not do very much more than break lots of windows.

The University of Wisconsin Army Mathematics Research Center
bombing in 1970 also used a van full of ANFO, and devastated the building.
The bombers didn't know that there was a worker in the building
the night they blew it up, and hadn't planned to kill anybody,
unlike the daytime bombing of the OKCity building.

>Also, if McVeigh really had followed the Turner Diaries recipe,
>he would have put his bomb somewhere useful.
>The book details the use of a similar device to destroy a
>large government database, and the truck bomb is parked underneath it
>in the basement parking structure, _not_ sixty feet away...

And he would have also hijacked the van instead of using
one traceable to him (or stolen it, if he had the skill.)
Not much brighter than the World Trade Center bombers
trying to get their deposit back.  The Wisconsin Rads
had the sense to steal the van they used.
(On the other hand, somebody saw them tearing out of town
in their getaway car at 4am.)

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, [email protected]
Regular Key PGP Fingerprint D454 E202 CBC8 40BF  3C85 B884 0ABE 4639