Re: Jim Bell's Sentencing Delayed Again

"Brian B. Riley" <[email protected]> writes:

> On 11/22/97 12:00 PM, Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM ([email protected])  passed
> this wisdom:
>
> >[1] Interesting enough, anyone in the U.S. who expressed the
> >opinion in the 1930's that there's a famine going on in Russia, or
> >that the public confessions made at the show trials might be
> >questionable, was branded a fascist by the new York Times crowd and
> >was likely to lose his job.
>
>  If I remember correctly about ten-twelve years or so ago it was
> revealed thah the NY Times reporter who won a Pulitizer prize for his
> coverage of the 'famine' was exposed as having not only been aware of
> what was going on but wa actively involved in promoting the deception
> and his award was revoked (not that it mattered much fifty years
> later)

I recall reading "The book of lists" by Wallechinski/Wallace (sorry, I
threw it out and no longer have the exact reference).  One of the categories
was "10 biggest U.S. media deceptions".  Wallace claimed that the Hearst
organization manufactured the news of the artificial famine in the 1930s
and used the pictures from the tzarist era famines.

---