Re: mail2news at mit hasn't worked in a week...

lcs Remailer Administrator <Use-Author-Address-Header@[127.1]> wrote:

> > Is anyone else noticing that the m2n at anon.lcs.mit.edu hasn't
> > worked in the past week?  It used to be extremely fast and
> > reliable... now m2n posts to alt.test just don't make it at
> > all...even when posting directly (with telnet).
>
> As far as I know things are working well.  If you can read this
> message, then the problem is probably with the way you are trying to
> post (possibly a remailer you are using went bad).  If you can't read
> this message, then your ISP may have started blocking messages through
> this news server.

Do you have any idea which ISPs may be doing that?  What's their rationale?
This is the first I'd heard of such a practice.  Are they blocking all
posts from all mail2news gateways or just yours?  To all NGs, or just to
alt.test?

Also, there seems to be one censorious nutcase out there who seems to think
he's on a mission from God to "despam" alt.test!  I don't know who the heck
thinks a *TEST* NG needs his brand of "ethnic" cleansing, but just look at
all the cancel messages in the "control" NG for posts to alt.test.