Re: Moderated vs. Unmoderated Lists

Anonymous wrote:

> The issue is not moderation.  It is whether this list has a focus, a
> central set of ideas, a reason for existence.  If we're just going to
> talk about whatever anyone finds interesting, there is nothing to stop
> the list from drifting away from its goals.

  Or from moving toward its ghouls!

> There is little discussion about cryptography any more.

  OK, which one of you is the wise-guy who told Anonymous that he or
she can't send posts about cryptography to the list?

  Anonymous (if that is your *real* name...), many of us on the list
have been anxiously awaiting a Savior to arrive on the list and begin
discussing cryptography.
  We were hoping maybe it was you, but it looks like we were wrong
again.

StillWaitingMonger