Re: Further costs of war (fwd)

Forwarded message:

> Subject: Re: Further costs of war (fwd)
> From: [email protected] (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
> Date: Wed, 26 Nov 97 23:55:33 EST

> This has no crypto relevance.

Actualy it does, it's just that the reason for this discussion has escaped
your blipvert mentality. The reason this is relevant was the claim made by
others that had the US *not* entered WWII then the situation would be
significantly different than now. In particular it would be a more positive
results. I draw exception to this and am willing to debate the point.

> The japs didn't join the axis out fo the blue. The US was picking on the Japs
> back at the Washington conference in 1921/2,

It's interesting that as a direct results of this conference the Japanese
took the time to put down their plans to secure (ie take over) the western
Pacific. It relied on their typical "Great All-out Battle" strategy. An
important point in this strategy was luring the US fleet into Japanese
waters and defeating it.

> he bulding up the navy, building new bases on Hawaii, Guam, Midway, Samoa,
> etc, (in violation of the Washington conference), grabbing small pacific
> islands that no one claimed before (jervis, Howland, Phoebe, Palmira).

Actualy most of these islands were originaly Dutch, German, or Spanish.
For example, the Philipines were Spanish.

[data deleted]

Vulis, this hasn't dawned on you yet but none the less, you are actualy
agreeing with my position that it isn't possible for the US to have kept
out of the war. The other participants simply didn't have the resources or
the system to organize them with otherwise.

> > period. Can't say that I've ever seen this issue in anything I've read.
>
> According to my books, the US stopped all Jap immigration into US and its
> possession (i.e. Hawaii, Philippines, ec) as of May 1, 1925.

Which books Vulis, books you have access to or books that you wrote? I made
a request for more specificity. Which books in particular are you refering
to? Further, for this to be relevant you must show that it was a change of
state that mitigated the Japanese actions in some way. That last proviso is
the bear...

   |      We built your fort. We will not have it used against us.      |
   |                          John Wayne -  Allegheny Uprising          |
   |                                                 [email protected]     |