Re: Is Tim May guilty of illegally advocating revolution?

At 11:33 PM -0700 11/29/97, Bill Stewart wrote:

>As for the case of May vs. Reno, 99 US 666 (1999) (:-), I've never
>heard Tim call for the violent overthrow of the US government.
>He's called for a far more dangerous method of getting rid of it
>(rendering it obsolete and letting the public catch on at their own speed),
>and he's also expressed the position that if a bunch of
>black-hooded thugs invade his house some night he'll defend himself
>first and not worry about checking their bodies for stinkin' badges
>or designer logos on their backs until the bullets stop flying.
>
>Not guilty.

An almost complete summary of my stance.

But Bill left out the third leg of my tripod, that I expect to wake up some
morning and learn that some major city, perhaps Washington, D.C. has been
nuked or bugged.

And, as I am fond of saying, I doubt I'll shed any tears.

(Which got first twisted into "Tim wants to see D.C. nuked) (possibly
true), and then further mutated into "Tim is involved in a conspiracy to
help terrorists destroy major cities" (possibly true)).

Fortunately for me, none of these legs of the tripod are (yet) illegal,
though I gather from what I saw of several of Hettinga's recent foamings
that he thinks they should be.

--Tim May