Re: If you fought to defend your country...

At 02:08 PM 11/30/1997 -0800, Eric Murray wrote:
>Stanford used to be a real town.  Palo Alto annexed a number of
>surrounding smaller towns in the 50s.  The town of Mayfield is one; it
>consisted of the area just south and east of Stanford, where California
>street is now.

I'd been under the impression that Palo Alto didn't _want_ to have
the campus within its boundaries - too much risk of students voting
in city elections while living in the dorms.
				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, [email protected]
Regular Key PGP Fingerprint D454 E202 CBC8 40BF  3C85 B884 0ABE 4639