Re: Censorial leftists (Was: Interesting article)

At 09:44 AM 12/3/97 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>At 8:42 AM -0700 12/3/97, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>>This is nothing new. Honest (self-identified) leftists like my friend Bob
>>Chatelle complain about the censors on the left almost as much as censors
>>on the right. Other fave leftist censorship causes:
>>
>>-- MacKinnonite antiporn laws (she's a self-identified Marxist, I recall)
>
>And her partner, Andrea Dworkin, belies the oft-quoted notion that someone
>so far to the left comes out a libertarian rightist. No, this chick Dworkin
>is so far left she's just plain _left_. She argues that porn for womyn (or
>is it wimmin?) is fine and dandy, because this represents lesbian
>sisterhood exploring their own blah blah blah, but porn aimed and directed

What you watch is pornography;
What I watch is erotica.

      David Honig                   Orbit Technology
     [email protected]                  Intaanetto Jigyoubu

Information is a dense, colorless, odorless material readily transmitted
across empty space and arbitrary boundaries by shaking charged particles.